GPRS Utility Scanning and Locating Tools
Subsurface Utility Scanning Equipment and Benefits
GPRS utilizes state of the art technology for all of our private utility locating and concrete scanning needs. Our equipment is the best in the industry, and our utility locating project managers receive continuous training and education on new tools and techniques for subsurface scanning and private utility locating. We’ve highlighted some of our preferred tools for subsurface scanning and private utility locating below.
Utility Locating Equipment
Vivax-Metrotech Vloc3 PRO Receiver
- Multiple locating options allow one technician to switch between multiple views instantly
- Transverse Plot, Plan View, Vector Locate, and Graphic Sonde Screen viewing options
- Wide range of configurable frequencies, from 16 Hz to 200 kHz
- Flexible, customizable and full color data output in minutes
The Vivax-Metrotech Vloc3 PRO is one of the most complete utility line locating tools in the industry, providing a wide range of viewing options and scanning sensitivity frequencies for any manner of jobs. The project manager has at their disposal 8 passive locating modes, color coded EM distortion warnings, Internal and cloud based data storage options and optional Bluetooth connectivity to link other scanning devices and data storage. Our project managers are able to utilize this advanced locating equipment for more accurate and confident utility locates.
Concrete Scanning Radar Equipment
StructureScan Mini XT
- Extremely portable and lightweight scanner, only 4 lbs.
- Maximum scanning depth of up to 20 inches (50cm)
- 2.7 GHz Antenna provides crystal clear near surface scanning resolution
- Data storage capacity of 14.5 GB
- Ideal for locating rebar, conduits, post-tension cables and finding voids
The StructureScan Mini XT is our preferred concrete scanning tool, balancing portability and adaptability with one of the best target resolution mapping on the market. It provides extremely clear near surface scanning, while still being able to provide accurate mapping readings to up to 20 inches deep. A wide variety of additional tools and attachments allow the StructureScan Mini XT to be customized to nearly any job site or scanning need, and gives the concrete scanning technician more options for the best data output in the industry. It is the ideal concrete scanning tool for locating rebar, conduits, post-tension cables voids and measuring concrete slab thickness.
Ground Penetrating Radar Utility Mapping Equipment
Geode Real-Time Sub-Meter GPS Receiver
- All in one unit contains receiver and high frequency antenna
- Works with nearly all windows, android or iOS systems
- Use with a handheld device to easily collect sub-meter GNSS data
- Rugged design and all day battery life ideal for on-site scanning
Designed with versatility in mind, the Geode Sub-Meter GPS receiver combines functionality and precision to help you map utilities on any surface. The Geode easily attaches to a pole, pack or can be used in your hands to collect real-time, subsurface information instantaneously, with multiple correction sources. Its durable construction and lightweight profile, combined with an all-day battery life ideal for long work days, has made the Geode one of the preferred tools for utility and subsurface scanning technicians.
Compact GPR UtilityScan
- Wireless, Lightweight with excellent deep resolution scanning
- Achieve scanning depth from 4 to 7 feet in most soil conditions/ Maximum scanning depth of up to 35 feet (10 m).
- 350 MHz Antenna provides excellent target resolution for deep scanning
- Data storage capacity of 64 GB
- Ideal for locating utilities, water lines, underground storage tanks and voids in soil
The Compact GPR UtilityScan utilizes the newest HyperStacking technology for high resolution and increased depth penetration through varying surface types and conditions. The unit also offers real-time scanning output, standard internal GPS tracking, as well as optional LineTrak power detection, to detect AC power and RF energy present in buried lines. Designed to increase both safety and accuracy, as well as it’s hyper accurate real-time mapping output, make the compact GPR UtilityScan one of the private utility scanning industry’s most preferred mapping tools.
Sewer Camera and CCTV Inspection Tools
Vivax VCAM-6HD Inspection System
- Full 1080HD Camera Heads
- 1 Terabyte hard drive for data storage
- Wi-Fi enabled, with smartphone or tablet integration
- Easy one touch recording and image capture tools
Sewer cameras are an essential tool for the GPRS project manager, allowing them to have ‘eyes’ underground to check for the location, successful installation or find breaks or access points in the buried utility. Vivax VCAM provides a high definition video examination of the interior of a buried pipe or sewer line, showing potential breaks, cracks or other issues with the utility line. GPRS project managers can also help perform everything from utility post installation inspections to sewer and storm drain examinations before a property can be sold.
Typical Sewer Inspection Targets Include:
- Pipe Joints and Joint Integrity
- Tee Connections
- Structural Deterioration
- Water Infiltration
- Inflow Sources
- Scaling and Deposited Materials
GatorCam4 PushRod System
- Rugged, weatherproof Flexiprobe system functions in even the tightest spaces
- Full HD video output with built in extended battery for full day jobs
- Flexible USB or compact flash storage options
- Self-leveling probes allow picture to remain upright at all times, aiding in positioning
The GatorCam4 is designed to handle examining the most difficult subsurface pipes and utility lines. With a rugged water and weatherproof design, a durable stainless steel camera head and up to 500 feet of cabling make this a versatile and flexible tool for any sewer or drainage pipe project. Video is rendered in full HD, and recordable or viewable on the attached viewing screen or through HDMI connection to a laptop or computer.